Afghanistan Photographers Association (APA) is pleased to announce two Photography Grants for Afghan photographers across Afghanistan to produce two documentary photography projects in a period of two years.
The grants are supported by the French Embassy and French Institute Afghanistan IFA in Kabul Afghanistan and are dedicated to two photographers David Gilkey and Zabihullah Tamanna this year. Both David Gilkey and Zabihullah Tamanna were killed in Helmand Province of Afghanistan during an assignment in June 2016. The amount of the grants are 4000$ each for the period of 6 month, support of a mentor and a possible exhibition in Kabul.
The grants will be awarded based on the photographer’s submitted portfolio, originality of the work and proposal idea by both local and international jury members.
• All Photographers with at least three years of experiences working as photographer whose work has been published could apply
• The applicants must be a freelancer and able to work on the grant for the period of 6 months
• The applicants must have their own equipment like cameras and computers for the shooting
How to apply:
To apply for this grant, you must submit below required documents no later than June 30, 2018 to email@example.com with subject title Afghanistan Photographers Association 2018 Annual Grant for long-term Photography Projects.
• A maximum two pages CV
• Copy of your Taskira
• Sample of work between 20 to 30 images, the images must be 72 DPI, JPG format and named in order as First Name-Last Name-001 to First Name-Last Name-030
• Three references from organizations, newspapers, magazines or agency you have worked with, the references names, current emails, current phone numbers and job tittles
• The fill out form
• Three to four pages Proposal
The proposal must include summary and goal of your project, source of contacts, place, timing of shooting and style of shooting. Your proposal could be for a continuation of a current project or a new project.